Thursday, January 6, 2011

Photo du jour

Today I'm off on an adventure -- a trip to Antarctica!

I've always been intrigued by the cold places of the world, and have always loved ocean voyages and the thought of going somewhere that most people don't.  So this trip is a three-fer.

This particular iceberg was in a glacial lake in Patagonia, where we visited in 2007.  I suspect we'll be seeing much bigger and stranger ones on this trip!  I'll have lots of pictures to share when I get home.

Meanwhile, if Blogger cooperates, I'll have a new photo du jour every day I'm gone.  See you in a couple of weeks!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Antarctica! I know you will have a great time. Can't wait to see photos when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too - can't wait to see the photos. that sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an adventure! Have an amazing time and I will look forward to seeing the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sense of adventure rings a bell with me. Have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see your photos! What a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete