Saturday, April 30, 2011

Collaboration project 3 -- Christmas

I wrote recently about a project in which Uta Lenk and I exchanged emails every day for almost seven months.  (Read Uta's side of the story here.)  Both of us, it turns out, have done a lot of handwork over the years to make Christmas decorations, and in December many of our emails focused on these projects.

A couple of years ago Uta made a gorgeous Advent calendar quilt, with a little scene revealed every day during the season.  Here are some of the days:



Meanwhile, I have made tree ornaments every year for family and friends and shared many of my photos with her:





Uta sent me photos of her other decorations.  Here are the family's shoes set out for St. Nicholas to deliver presents.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the Atlantic, here are my traditional family Christmas guys, Herman, Sherman and Vermin.









No comments:

Post a Comment