Tuesday, November 8, 2011

More found art

I've written before about what I call found art, photos of interesting surfaces and accidental marks that make pleasing "pictures" and might even be mistaken for paintings.  Recently I read on another blog about a project of Loughborough University in the UK that is developing an online database of various art topics, including -- yes -- found art, except they call it "found drawings."

They're soliciting contributions so I sent in several of my own found art.  I thought these two were particularly like drawings.  One of them, plus another that isn't pictured here, was chosen for the database.
So far the database doesn't have a lot of these photos, but if it grows, I suspect the next step will be to categorize them, which I think will make it more fun to consult.  For instance, categories might include natural textures, graffiti, aerial landscapes, distressed manmade objects, shadows, reflections.

If you'd like to send in some of your own found drawings, here are the guidelines


1 comment:

  1. Pretty cool. Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to go check it out now.

    ReplyDelete