Friday, November 9, 2012

Serendipity

Earlier in the year I posted a photo suite of front steps that had been painted in many colors of the rainbow.  Unfortunately, it was missing purple and orange.  I have been looking for those colors kind of half-heartedly ever since, but recently I was looking through some old photos and decided I had to step up my efforts to plug the gaps in my collection.

So the other day I was walking with a friend and I mentioned to her that if she ever saw purple or orange steps, would she please remember where they were and let me know.

Not two minutes later, what did we find:

We hadn't even finished congratulating each other and marveling at how quickly we had solved that problem when we found another one in the next block:

An embarrassment of riches! But still no orange.  (The pumpkin doesn't count.)

3 comments:

  1. Now that you mention it, my front steps are orange. . .but only because they are made of brick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was privileged to see your Big Ice in SAQA's Seasonal Palette exhibit last week in Houston. It is fascinating and mesmerizing, and I spent lots of time with it. Seeing your work on your blog has been enjoyable, but nothing like seeing it in person! Isn't the catalog great? I have a few Houston pictures on my blog, too.
    www.marthaginn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, Martha! wish I could have been there too

    ReplyDelete