Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Ornaments 2017


I wanted to make small ornaments this year, and was happy when I found some little wooden cubes at the craft store, about 3/4 inch on the side, pre-stained in several different colors.  Best of all, there were 72 in the pack, and I have only about 50 people on my ornament list, so I could ruin some without having to make an emergency run to the store for more raw materials.

But what do you expect for 5 cents apiece -- some of the cubes were pretty rough on one or more sides, so I had to apply gesso and sand and then paint over the white gesso, so some ended up two-tone.  That took me a while, because of the drying time -- I'd get a bunch to the next stage but not be able to get back to work till the next day.

Finally the fun part: wire and beads to "wrap up" the little packages.




4 comments:

  1. Very cute. Like little box people. Reminds me of Mr. Strong. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/975478.Mr_Strong

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I was the recipient of one of those lovely ornaments on this blog giveaway! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky me... i got a D! You didn’t mention hand lettering... thank you Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I always look forward to seeing your ornaments each year.

    ReplyDelete