Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Thinking inside the box 2


I told you about the great windfall of wooden cigar boxes that I am now using for art.  Here are photos of some of them.  Many of the the raw materials that are going into the boxes reflect recurring interests of mine -- maps, glasses, old photos, circuit boards, rusty washers and other tools -- making the task easier because those are the materials already sitting out in piles in my studio.






















I don't have a sentimental attachment to bingo, but I had a bunch of vintage cards sitting around that were exactly the right width to fit into these two boxes...

The hidden parts of a piano key.  (Tricky to make a non-rectangular box stand upright.)

A slinky and a mirrored sunglass lens.

The back cover of a library book, complete with sign-out card.

The pencils are suspended in a lacing of waxed linen cord.






















Maps and old photos (I don't know if this one is finished yet)


Auditioning


Auditioning


No comments:

Post a Comment