Sunday, March 14, 2021

Trying something new

I went to the art supply store last week for the first time since pandemic, and came home with, among other stuff, a dozen wood painting panels.  I wanted to try for a new series that would have a lot of painting, plus collage of pages and covers of old books.  Mounting everything on wood panels would give them some heft and finish, so I could easily display them.

As I started to work I was immediately reminded that when you use paint, glue and medium, you have to wait for things to dry.  So my work area became a field of gold, waiting for next steps.  And with lots of bits and pieces auditioning for where they will end up.







1 comment:

  1. What an awesome plan and the results are great as they grow along the way! Can't wait to see the series!

    ReplyDelete