Friday, May 4, 2012

It's spin, all right....

If your experience with men's underwear is like mine -- buying your sweetie the occasional three-pack of Fruit of the Loom boxers -- you may share my surprise to learn that the with-it guy can now spend $100 for a pair of shorts.  The New York Times explained it all yesterday, and mentioned several pricey innovations that I will be sure to suggest for my husband's amusement.


But the one that caught my eye was the one made from a microfiber that is "spun on a 40-gauge machine with distilled water from the Italian Alps."


Silly me, I didn't know you even used water in spinning.  And in my brief Google research on spinning machines, I didn't come on any that were described as "gauge;" all the ones I found used "denier" as the unit of measurement.  So I have to wonder how close any aspect of this stuff ever came to the Italian Alps.  Maybe the copywriter's last vacation....

No comments:

Post a Comment