Friday, February 8, 2013

Recurring motifs 7 -- hearts

I love heart shapes because they are so forgiving.  If you make them symmetrical, they're beautiful.  If you squeeze them tight or make one side different from the other, they're still beautiful.

More to the point, it's impossible to draw a heart badly freehand.  Start at the point of the indented V on the heart's top, go up and around and down to the point at the bottom.  Turn around and go up the other side.  You can start curving back to make the top lobe any time you want  -- after you've come across the top just head back toward your starting point.  Guaranteed to work.

I made all kinds of hearts last year as part of my daily art project:

plain


with an arrow

broken.

Many signified anniversaries.


 








I'm linking this to Off the Wall Friday -- check out what other fiber artists are up to this week.

2 comments:

  1. what stitch is that Kathy?? I like the texture of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are all coral stitch, my favorite for making lines.

      Delete