Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Junk art -- the tutorial 2

Here's the rest of what I told the fourth-graders about different ways to make junk art:

Fourth, choose objects with similar colors.

Word on the Street: Orange


Green on the Street 




















Fifth, choose objects with similar shapes.

Paper Moons


Road Kill 2: Circles


Road Kill 3: Rectangles 

Sixth, make letters or words.


Tupelo


Street Runes (yes, it's words -- you just don't know the alphabet)

 I'll show you what the kids came up with tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I love these Kathy. I am glad you are showing them.
    I think Word on the Street: Orange and Road Kill 3: Rectangles are the ones I like best of these.
    Looking forward to the student artwork.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun! Are all of the examples you showed your work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon -- yes, I wasn't clear on that. These are all things that I made for my two-person show in March. I'll show you the stuff the kids made later this week.

      Delete