Wednesday, December 5, 2018

The refugees have a place to go


Good news for my refugee quilt people -- they have somewhere to go next spring!  They have been accepted into the SAQA "Forced to Flee" exhibit that will be shown at the Ruth Funk Center for Textile Arts in Melbourne FL in May, and with any luck will travel to other places.



My husband was sorry to hear that the show wouldn't be up during the winter, since he would love an excuse to go south in the cold weather.  Me too, since I hate going south in the warm weather.  Such first-world problems!  But refugees are happy to go anywhere, any time, if people will welcome them.





6 comments:

  1. This is super exciting news! Congrats on getting in to Forced to Flee- I think your refugee people will make a profound statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great news! It's somewhat soul healing to know that they will be in a thought provoking environment.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I saw the news on the SAQA site and was so happy to see your name. It's a great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I am glad your refugee quilt people are being exhibited. It sounds like a good venue for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great. Did you decide to call it "Huddled Masses"? Glad it was accepted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. funny you mention that -- my very good friend and art pal Debby Levine has been making a series of art that she calls "Huddled Masses," so I couldn't use that title. Instead I called mine "Tired and Poor."

      Delete