Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Found art -- others like it too

Last week I wrote about "found art" and asked whether others took the same kinds of photos that I love to.  The answer is yes, and a couple of people sent me their pictures to prove it. 

Melanie Hulse sent photos of what she calls "drive-by calligraphy" (and I might call driveWAY calligraphy).  "The ink painter in me leapt up and took notice.  And pictures," she wrote.





























Then Valerie Kamikubo sent some nice rusty metal close-ups.  She wrote, "I've noticed that carrying a camera around in recent years has changed the way that I look at the world around me. Things seem to capture my attention that previously would not have, and I take delight in certain finds. I've also gained a new admiration for land art and am thinking about doing a post about some of the artists that I really admire. I've made a few meager attempts at my own land art that I've left behind for other passersby to find on the beach."































Both of these types of photos resonate with me and I'm so happy that Melanie and Val sent me theirs to share with you.  I have never contemplated doing land art, but the next time I'm at a beach I hope I remember Val's idea to leave behind for others to enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I think that part of the beauty of found art is that it's fun. You never know when you're going to walk into a little treasure, and it just seems to make me smile. Thanks for including me in your post, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete