Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Package project update 3

Perhaps the most interesting packages are those made from strange miscellaneous things that you or others have kept for a long time, but objectively have no real purpose any more.

A friend from my fiber art group brought me these bits of wood, from which somebody had cut little dolls.  She thought I might find them useful.  And I did -- ten minutes after I came home from the meeting, I made them into a bundle.

Years ago I had a cheap plastic frame for a poster but after a while the plastic warped, cracked and wouldn't hold together.  Why had I kept it all this time underneath the shelves in the workroom?






















And my favorite: a dozen sturdy metal brackets to hold up the heavy blinds in my studio.  The blinds came down the week we moved into the house, but the hardware stayed. 


2 comments:

  1. What, if anything, do you plan to do with these bundles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norma -- that's a good question. I make art because I want to make it. If possible, I like to display it so other people can see it. I really don't want to sell it (not that anybody would ever buy this kind of project).

    So maybe I'll try to find a way to display it. But meanwhile, I'm making it and that is sufficient for now.

    ReplyDelete