Monday, June 7, 2010

Ideas of Inspiration

I have a new adventure! I have joined a blogging group of artists mostly in the UK called Ideas of Inspiration. It’s set up both to challenge the participants to respond to monthly themes, colors or other points of departure, and to share what we come up with.

I am intrigued with group processes, having participated in Compositional Conversation last year (a bunch of us worked on a progressive quilt) as well as several different kinds of group challenges and projects in the past. I have never really seen a process like this one and I hope it proves fruitful.

I’m also looking forward to being in a group where I am in the clear demographic minority. Of the 30 current members, six are from the US, two are from Pacific Rim countries, and the rest are from Europe. One of the great joys of the internet is that it enables virtual friendships and exchange of ideas with people all over the world, a phenomenon I have enjoyed for over a decade on the Quiltart list. But that list is dominated by Americans, and it’s good occasionally to step out of your own culture and play in somebody else’s sandbox.

I am getting to know my fellow participants by reading past blog entries and visiting their blogs and websites, but I think I will have fun in this group. I invite you to stop by and see what we’re up to.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the Jurors Choice Award at the ARTQUILTSilluminations. Have fun with the Ideas of Inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear your thoughts on the blog! Look forward to see how you help to keep things fresh over there!

    Oh, and we have one in India as well!
    Sandy in the UK
    and IofI

    ReplyDelete