Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Counting knots

The impeachment trial has already proven to be a most conducive environment for hand stitching.  While watching yesterday I made a whole lot of french knots on my memorial bandage, so many that when I went to count them this morning I realize I'm almost done with the largest month in the project: 668 out of 754 needed for December.  The last 86 will require me to count as I stitch -- which will be fine until I get distracted and have to yell out at something outrageous said in the Senate.  I'll have to be careful!

And now it's time to decide how I will separate the months on this "calendar" scroll.  Probably with a line of machine stitching?  

Meanwhile, on to November, with "only" 423 deaths to mark.

3 comments:

  1. BTW...did you see my blog post? I did finish one of your Magic Cross Stitch pieces!
    https://robbiespawprints.blogspot.com/2021/02/magic-cross-stitch-final-sorta.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie -- I did see it!! So glad that you enjoyed the magic cross stitch!

      Delete