Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Yet another April quilt date report

It's clear to me that of all the guys I've introduced to you, the one from April is the hunk of the crowd.  (He's the one with the very fine pieced lines.)  Here's a reader who had a wonderful date with Mr. April.

Lynne Croswell writes:  "I have wanted to try your technique since you started showing your fracture pieces, and now I'm glad I've had the chance to give it a go.  There are many pitfalls in the way I chose to use what you do but I think some of that enhances the organic nature of my subject matter.   I have to say it was a bit tedious and time consuming to make my initial fabric, but I would do it again.  It was so exciting to see the way the piece evolved and came together to express what was in my head."

Lynne Croswell, Witch Hobble, 25" x 25"

For more on how Lynne made the underlying fabric with very thin lines, then pieced the large leaf with more very thin lines, check out her blog -- this post and the one right underneath it.  I had not thought to use this technique to make "fabric" for additional piecing, but it is beautiful.  Good work, Lynne, and thanks for sending along the photos!

2 comments: