Several weeks ago I wrote about three small pieces of art that I started to make for the "home" show at PYRO Gallery this spring. Although I didn't use them for that show, I did go back and finish them later, and posted the final results. Readers Sylvia and Sandy both commented that they thought the pieces looked unfinished, and I had to admit that they were right; I was thinking the same thing but decided to repress the thought.
After these comments I decided I needed to un-repress and do something about it. (I knew this all along, but pretended I didn't. Self-deception is a bad practice.)
Sandy had helpfully suggested that maybe just a dark line of stitching around the houses to separate them from the sky would be sufficient. And that would have been the easiest thing in the world to do, if I had only been able to remove the nails holding the machine-stitched pictures to the batik-wrapped wood panels on which they were mounted.
But I had done too good a job of nailing. I tried various pry bars with no success. I generally hate to use glue of any sort if I can stitch instead, but that didn't seem possible, so went to Plan B: gel medium. Found some navy cord, twisted two plies together for a heftier line, and pasted them around the houses. Definitely an improvement. Thanks, Sandy!
And now I am DONE with these babies!
Had you not been DONE with them, I might have suggested a cord-and-gel-medium "horizon line" - on the background... knowing full well that horizon lines are not to everyone's taste.ReplyDelete